Saturday, December 6, 2008

"Good to Blog"

Personally, I love to write things down. And beside the blog that I have for this management blog, I also have another personal blog that I use to write things down that happen in my daily life. I love to share all the things that I experience and the photos that I took with all my friends and families. Therefore, I don't hate to write blog.

I think that this blog is an important communications tool. People in our class get to know each other more throught the blogs. Since our class only meet twice a week and many students are rush to another class or to go back home after the class, we don't really get to know each other so deeply. But by using the blog, we share our experiences in class, our goals, our vision and so much more in the blog which allow us to learn more about our classmates. Therefore, I think that this blog is an important communications tool between students to students and also students to teachers.

When we are ask to write our response and comments for the activities that we did in class, it kind of refresh our memory for what we did in class. Also, since we are ask to write our comments and always ask us if anythings can improve, we get to rethink the activities that we did and let us to think what other alternatives that we might do for that group activities to improve our performance or to obtain our desirable results. Also, since we have to relate our in-class experiences with the activities back to the lessons we were studying when we write a blog, it helps us understand the lessons more and we know it right away whether we understand the lesson or not. Therefore, when you encounter a difficulty when you are doing your blog assignment, it might be a good indicator that you don't understand your class lesson enough.

Beside the blog assignment that we are ask to write, we also have to response to those interesting articles that post in Professor Kurpis' blog but not relate to our management class lesson. I really like those articles that professor post in his blog, especially the one that talks about the behavior of monkey. Those articles all teach us something about management but in a funny and interesting way. I would suggest that Professor should post more of this interesting articles to his blog because I think this is an effective way to increase student's interest in management. Traditionally, management seems like to be a boring subject, but after I read those articles that professor posts in his blog, I realize that the subject of management can also be interesting. Therefore, I would say that professor should post more of those interesting articles to his blog.

Also, by doing our blog assignment in a timely manner, we get to earn 20% of our grade toward this class. We only have to give up 20-30 minutes a week to do the blog assignment and we can get 1/5 of our grade. If we don't have this blog assignment, the distribution of the class grading system will be different and each of the exams will worth a higher percentage toward the final grade for this class. If you did bad in one exam, it will affect a lot to your final grade if it worth a high percentage of the class grade. Therefore, I would definitely agree Professor to keep this blog.

After this semester end, I might conside to continue to post entries relate to school, but not my personal life. Since my friend and family will never be interest to know what I learn in school and what happened in school, therefore, I will never post anythings in my personal blog relate to school events. Therefore, I might consider to post entry that are school relate to this blog so I can keep track of what happen to me in school.

2 comments:

J said...

I also have a personal blog but I usually talk about personal stuff as well, whether it be fashion, family, friends but rarely school-related. I recall someone once told me that if you want to know and keep the material fresh in your head, you should review it within 20minutes after it's taught to you. Usually the assignments are posted within a few hours or days after the assignment and it helps the students to remember what happened in class. Half the time, I don't remember what went on in my other classes but because of the unique management assignments we have in this class, I still talk about them like it was just yesterday that I did them. I've read in a few blogs that the Professor's blogs were the most fun to read and that's why I proposed that for future classes, he or the students should have more of those blogs. I think that would help to prevent students commenting just so they have three comments and say what they want/have to say.

Although many of the blog assignments focused a lot on the stuff we did in class, I felt like I definitely have gotten to know you better. I even mentioned you in my blog! I think the vision blog and the one about your personality made me realize a lot about you personally. Like I said, I couldn't tell you had a Beethoven inside you! And you would've never known I wanted to open a dance studio. This blog definitely helped us learn more about ourselves and each other.

Katya said...

I found it very interesting that you maintain a personal blog as a way of sharing experiences with your friends and family. None of my friends have personal blogs, just because all of them use MySpace, Facebook, or both. Keeping a blog is very unique and probably more professional!
I agree that having a blog for this class is a good way to share your school related experiences, goals, and aspirations with your classmates. Also, it’s a great way to reflect on class activities, maybe even come up with better solutions to problems posted in class, or just browse others’ blogs to learn about possible ways to approach the same situation. Professor’s articles are definitely a way to generate enthusiasm for the subject of management in addition to very interactive class meetings!