Friday, November 7, 2008

VISION?? What is your one?

On last monday, we saw the video “The Power of Vision”. The video keeps stress the importance of have some kind of vision for your future. Vision serves as a motivation for your goal. However, without action, vision is just a dream. On the other hand, action without vision merely wastes time. Therefore, we need to combine both things together in order to success. After I watched the video, I asked myself what kind of vision I have in my future and how many of them I actually put efforts into it to make it happens.

The first vision I have for my future is that I can be fit for life. This vision seems so ridiclus. But to me, being fit is very important; not just for appearance, but also for health. Being fit can avoid a lot of health problems relate to obese. Right now, I am still consider myself fat but I already try my best in losing weight in this year. I have already lose more than 10pounds and I hope that I can lose 10 more pounds. I have put a lot of effort in losing this 10pounds, therefore, I hope that I can maintain my current weight for the life since I have put so many efforts in losing those pounds. In order to be fit for life, I am willing to get rid of all my favorite junk foods and become a vegetarian. I am willing to write diary to keep track of what kinds of food I eat each day and so I can count how many calories I have consumed. Also, I am willing to give up at least 3 - 4 hours a week for gym. In order to become fit for life, I don't care what it cost me.

The second vision I have for the future is that I can become a well know musician. Become a musician is always my dream. When I was 2 years old, my mom said she already realize that I have some music's talent. She said that I already know how to sing a song when I was 2 years old. My mom said right before I know how to speak clearly, I already know how to sing a song. Also, she said that nothing can clam me down when I cry, but I will become quiet when she plays me some music. So once I turn 4 years old, my mom bring me to learn piano! Since my mom recognize I have some music's talents, my mom wants to develop my talent in music as early as possible. Beside she brings me to learn piano, she will also buy a lot of classical music to play at home. She wants me to expose more in music in everyday's life. And due to my mom's effort, I become addicted to music and piano. Music becomes part of my life.

However, as I start going to college, school and work already takes me most of my time. I don't really have much time to concentrate my study in music. I rarely have times to particapte my piano and I don't even have time to learn guitar. I know that my piano's technique has getting worse and worse. I know that I won't be able to become a famous musician if my technique getting worse and worse. Therefore, in order to success in become a famous musician, I am willing to give up my career in accounting. I know that being an accountant can gives me a stable life and earn a desirable income. However, being an accountant is not my dream. I want to become an accountant solely because of the money that I can made from it. Therefore, if my family don't need my financial support, I am willing to give up my career in accounting and shift to major in studying music. I know that being an expert in music requires a lot of time and I am willing to gives up all my time in it. Also I am willing to learn different instruements that might expand my music knowledge.

The 3rdd vision I have for my future is that I can have my own brands for apparel. I love shopping and I love fashion. Beside spending most of my time in school, work and music, I will spend my remaining time in browsing magazines and internets for the upcoming trends in fashion. When my friends go to shopping, they always like to ask for my advices in picking their clothes. They said that I have a very sensitive sense in fashion. Therefore, I hope that I can establish my own brands of women apparel. I love to see people wearing trendy and pretty and I hope that my brand offer woman the opportunity to wear pretty and trendy. In order to sucess in establish my own brands, I am willing to learn fashion from the basic. Start from learning different materials to how to draw a design, and then learn how to transform a design on paper to a real product. I am willing to work in a fashion company to learn even it might be the lowest position in the company.

I will try my best in the future to try to accomplish all 3 visions that I have in the future. As the video "The power of vision" points out, without action, vision merely wastes times. Therefore, I don't want to waste time just to dream about my goal. I actually want them to happen, therefore, I will set this vision as my guide to future!

9 comments:

Wen Liu said...

I found many of your visions appealing such as being fit, becoming a musician, and also creating your own brand in the fashion industry. But if I had to choose one, I think becoming a musician is a vision that you can actually make it come true. I understand that most people who go to Baruch are for accounting or other business related majors. However, if your interest is in music, then you should definitely go for it. OR if you are worried about your family's financial stability, you can get a degree in accounting, and at the same time you can take music classes to improve your skill. You still have a lot of time in life to do many things you want. It just now you have to prioritize which one to do first. Maybe one day into the future, I will be attending your performance with a whole group of orchestra.

Paul Ramotar said...

I actually found that video to be inspiring. i know, I'm corny. lol I'm happy to see that you take it upon yourself to be fit. I just hope your not going over board. A lot of people take losing weight to another level and become too skinny which can be unhealthy as well. So balance is the key. Its good to hear that you understand the action needed to implement your vision. Maybe one day you'll be a famous pianist. Just remember, the skies the limit :)

J said...

I agree with being fit. Back in the day, my mom used to make me exercise and even in school, I hated running around and stretching. It wasn't really until recently when I started to realize how important it is to be healthy, not skinny, healthy. A family friend recently passed away and it was due to his eating and drinking habits. He wasn't obsese but he consumed a lot of unhealthy food that it led to a heart failure and he died as a result. His daughters lived in other states and weren't able to see him for the last time and it made me sad. When I tell people I go to the gym at least 3x a week now, they're surprised but I smile and tell them, I work out to be able to live and spend more time with the ones I love and that includes you. It's true! Gluck with your goal and hopefully I will see you more at the gym.

I never knew you wanted to be a musician. It seems like your passion lies their and to be honest, if that is what you want to go into, DO it. You won't be happy with accounting if it's not what you want. I personally love music as well but I am perhaps the most untalented person when it comes to instruments. On the other hand, I am not surprised that you have interest for fashion because from the day I met you, I could tell you cared and keep up with trends. I on the otherhand, really have no idea and prefer something comfortable and looks decent on me. You should give me some advice!

Shazibul H. Bhuiyan said...

I felt that you have a very strong conviction in music. If you are confidence that you have the talent then go after it. Congratulations on your "10 pounds" weight loss. Being fit is important because it enables you to do what you are inclined to do and push you farther to accomplish a goal. I think it is important to play a sport rather than just doing gym because there lays other motivations (only if you have time). You have a great talent for fashion. You will have to give priority to succeed in any of the goals that you have mention.

So said...

I learned how to play piano when I was young too. However, due to the same reason, I stopped and sold my piano. I feel really sad when I sold my piano, because I really like it. And after so many years, I started to forget about it, so my new goals doesn't have anything related to music. I hope you can become a successful musician in the future.

Kwok's bodaciously AWESOME blog said...

Thank you for recognizing my vision of supporting my family. My family has done so much for me and I cannot wait to return the favor.

I feel that many people attend Baruch College because they are in search of a practical career that will yield a lucrative salary. Most people do not really pursue their dream career in terms of what they do, but usually only in terms of how much they make. That is why I feel that your vision of becoming a well known musician is one that should definitely be pursued. It’s not about the money, it’s about the passion. Having a mother that supported your musical talent no doubt must have helped in forming your vision. Since music is such an important part of your life, I think that this vision is one that must not be abandoned. You do not want to be left wondering what could have been, so hop on that piano (I assume that is the instrument you play) and start playing and singing your heart out. If you work hard for this vision, one day you might see a mother exposing her child to your music every day.

Rachel Liang said...

When I saw your first vision I couldn't believe I left it out of my list. Health is so important. It should be top priority on everyone's list because without good health you can't accomplish anything in life. I think we share another goal in common. I too study accounting because it's a stable career. But like you said I want to do other things in life too. We both love fashion and shopping. We should somehow incorporate fashion with accounting maybe then we will like it better. =)Well our accounting knowledge won't go to waste. If you ever want to start your own business in music or fashion you will be well equipped with accounting knowledge which is good plus!

jeinfunk said...

Your goals sound exactly like mine did a few years ago! I spent most of my life preoccupied with my weight, constantly praying to drop 20lbs but never actually doing much about it. Every time I would make a To Do list, my goal weight would be at the top of it but I would usually just end up ignoring it until very recently when I finally began to take advantage of that Baruch gym membership.
Its also really refreshing to see someone with not one but two serious, artistic interests in a business school. I also really wanted to be a desginer when I was younger but decided at some point that art school is not for me. Hopefully you won't give up on your dream as easily. Best of luck!

Paul Ramotar said...

hey, its me again in response to your comment. I know sometimes happiness can be hard to attain, but remember that happiness starts with us. We are ultimatly the deciding factors as to whether we are content with what we have. Some lack values and see happiness in material, but happiness is an emotion that begins and ends with us :)