Saturday, September 6, 2008

Is Me! Bonnie!


Hi everyone, my name is Bonnie Lau. I am currently a Junior, major in accounting. Accounting is not my favorite field whether music and fashion is my favoriate field. However, I chose accouting as a major because I know that being an accounting can give me a stable job with desirable salary. Therefore I chose this field without consider whether I will love this subject or not. So far, I wouldn't say that I love this subject but definitly I am gaining interest in it. Since personally I love math and accouting mostly deal with math, I start to gain interest in it. But if I can choose what I truely want to become in future without consider whether I can support my family in the future financially, I will definitely want to become either a musician, a fashion designer or a singer. Becoming either of those are always my dream. I love to become either a musician or a singer because everyone's attentions are on me when I perform. I like people pay attention to me and I love the feeling of become popular. Therefore, I love to become a musician or a singer if I don't need to support my family financially because this two types of job don't guarantee a stable job with desirable salary.

During free time, I love to go shopping and hang around with my friends. I think that it is the best way to release stress and pressure when hang around with friends and also to shop. Whenever I am unhappy, I will just go shopping and buy a lot of stuffs. Buying a lot of things can release my unhappiness by satisfy my desire to own those things that I want to buy. Also, I love to travel during school break. In the upcoming winter, I applied to Shanghai for study aboard. I will also go back to my home country for Christmas and Chinese new year. I haven't go back to my home country for 2 years and I haven't spend my Chinese New Year in there for 9 years since I came to United States; therefore now I am just so excite for this semester to end quickly and go back to my home country to visit my family and friends. Also, I am so excite to go to Shanghai for study. I hope that I can improve my mandarin during this trip and meet more friends. Also, I would like to see how advance Shanghai is nowday. I hope that I can gain a lot from it during this trip.

Beside full-time in school, I am also working as a part time receptionist in a clinic in Chinatown! My job is to assist patient in making appointments, register their appointments with doctors and managing cash receipts. I am very satisfy with this job because of the flexibilty of the work schedule. My manager allows me to choose what day I want to work that will fit my schedule and all my co-workers treat me friendly. Therefore I love my current job. But sometimes I still feel tired for being a full-time student and also work a minimum of 21 hours a week. I hope that I can manage my time better so I can be able to do a good job in school, maintain my current job and also has time to spend with my family and friends. I hope that I can get at least 3 A's in this semester so I can maintain my GPA.

No comments: