Friday, September 19, 2008

24hrs a Day Is Never Enough for Me/ Can I add an extra hour to my day or even more?

Can I add an extra hour to my day or even more?

I already feel the stress that I have for this semester even though school just started for 2 weeks. I already feel the pressure probably because I have started my major class. I don't want my GPA to get low and therefore I hope to try my best to find times to study. However, how to manage my time really gives me problem.

As I mentioned in my previous blog beforfe, I am a full-time student who work in a clinic as a part-time receptionist. My schedule is very busy every weekday. From Monday to Friday, I have class in the morning. Then after the morning class, I go strictly to work and work until 5:30. And then after work, head back to school again for another classes. It is really hard for me to find some spare times during weekday to study my homework and classwork. Therefore, I usually gives up some of my sleeping time to study homework and classwork. But by doing this, I sleep less and it makes me feel tired both during work and in school; therefore creates another problem for me which is how to make myself concentrate both in work and in school. I have to drink at least a cup of coffee each day in order to make me concentrate on my work, so I won't make mistakes. Also I have to make sure that I am 100% concentrate in the class so that I won't fall asleep and understand the class's lecture! It reallys giving me a difficutly this semester of how to manage my time and schedule. I don't want to give up my work since I really like my job due to the fact that all my co-workers treat me as their family. Therefore, how to maintain both school and work really gives me a hard time.

Beside this problem, I also have difficulty of how to manage my relationship with my friends and family. Due to the fact that school and works already take the majority of my time, it is really hard for me to keep in a good relationship with them. My family and friends always complain that I don't have time for them and think that I don't care about them. But it isn't true, I just really don't have time for them. I hope that my loved one can understand me; and I really hope that I have more time each day. Can I have 100 hours a day?

2 comments:

qtdevil said...

Your situation is quite similar to my sister. She had to go to work at the morning and take night classes. Some days she comes home at 10:00 p.m. She said she is very tire. But she said she'll manage her time well until she graduates. I've seen her studying at night and sometime she sleep for only 2 or 3 hour, but only on exam days. She stay studying on saturdays and sundays and sometime take off from work, but everyone understands her. My mom never blamed her for not spending time with her, because she understands managing school and work at the same time is very difficult and my sister will have time after her exams. I beleive if you tell your friends and family and you loved one, they will definitely understand you.

Badinn said...

I can sympathize with your time management problem because most people in college are going through similar problems. I believe that your busy schedule will not affect you as long as you don't let it affect your daily routine. If you say to yourself everyday that you won't be stressed and that you can make it through the day fine than your mind will believe it also. I believe that is the key to getting through the day and doing well.

As for your friends and family, I believe they should realize that it is a phase that almost everyone has to go through during their college lives. They have to accept the fact that you won't have as much time for them and I believe nothing is wrong with that. As long as you don't neglect them completely it is fine in my book.